Wednesday 30 April 2014

...Foodie penpal April reveal...

That was my first month of foodie penpals. What a great fun I had preparing a parcel for Emily and receiving a parcel from Teresa!
 

Sending

 

I was selected to post a parcel to lovely Emily. She runs an amazing blog, posting about recipes, restaurant reviews and more. What a kind lady you are, Emily! (Emily emailed me back to say that she loved her parcel of goodies.) 

I had great fun preparing her parcel. It included food in groups, all labelled up for her (blame my OCD for this, Emily). 

Some of the groups were:

breakfast...
exotic...
tea time...
on the go...
nostalgia...
nature...
etc.

I included some sweet temptations, some healthier options, some exotic tea... and for more info, you should visit Emily's blog, as she is certainly going to post about it.

The fun highlight of my parcel was my attempt to draw some flowers and a 'mad cow' holding a balloon, something I hadn't done since school. I am no Picasso, but I hope she liked them :-)


Receiving

 

I received a parcel from Teresa who lives in Devonshire. What a great parcel that was!!!! The postman put a huge smile on my face!

The parcel included the following: 
  • a beautiful hand-written card - notice the front: garden herbs!
  • some amazing green tea jasmine: great for my slimming regime. Oh, and it also has a lovely aroma.
  • Italian tomato and vegetable purée: I am using it in curries. It tastes delice!
  • clove extract: just wow! For a start, I didn't even know that this product existed. I had to do a bit of googling, and apparently clove extract functions as a healthy antioxidant in herbal teas. 
  • lunch box mini snacks - I loved these: my favourite was 'sultanas and apple'. My birds also had some of the sultanas - not many, because I am greedy and I ate most of them myself. 
  • a bag of 'breakfast sprinkle' mix of dried fruits and seeds - it gave a wonderful flavour to my everyday porridge. I still have a few of these left and I am making plans to use them in baking (it would taste great in oat cookies). 
  • oaty bakes = a healthy guilt-free cheesy snack I ate yesterday, post-workout.
  • spicy English mustard sauce: this is great with red meat. British mustard tastes different than French mustard :-) (much better, if you ask me). 
  • a healthy 9bar, pumpkin flavour. That was absolutely delicious. 
  • a 'salmon and basil butter filo parcels' recipe. I have not tried this recipe yet, but Teresa could actually read my mind when she sent me this recipe: I adore filo pastry and when I am not bored, I make my own from scratch. I also love salmon.

I absolutely adore Foodie penpals!

You should try it too.

Do you want to try foodie penpal too? Click on the foodie penpal picture on the side of my blog to find out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment