Wednesday 19 March 2014

...Review of 'The Wolf of Wall Street' film (2013)...


The film has received reasonable ratings on the IMDb database of films. The plot is based on the biography of Jordan Belfort, who became rich (almost) overnight... after successfully setting up his own business and 'smashing' other well-established firms in the stock-market. The combination of money, crime, drugs and sex is a best-seller in American films, and 'The Wolf of Wall Street' is not an exemption to this rule. 

Though, the way I see it, this film had too much of it: superfluous money, too many drugs, too much sex, and too much crime! There he is, DiCaprio playing Belfort doing drugs 15 minutes after the film has started; and again, and again, and again, throughout the film. I got sick of watching DiCaprio doing drugs and having sex! Also, allow me to say that the word 'f**k' was overused in the film. It was in every dialogue! , you should re-sit your English exam!

You may have realised that I am not a DiCaprio fan; well, that's somehow true. I like his style but his 'great acting' is exaggerated. One can actually tell that he is not that great. When he acts, his facial expressions are rather pretentious, the way he moves is a bit clumsy.

Although it needs to be acknowledged that his acting in the Wolf of Wall Street was much better compared to his acting in the Titanic. Yet, something is telling me that the Wolf of Wall Street film wasn't for him. 

Need I say that I do not recommend you to watch this film with your kids? Just a no-no. IMDb introduces it as a comedy. HOW? Not a single line made me laugh. 



No comments:

Post a Comment