Friday 19 December 2014

...The holiday...

Well, I don't celebrate Xmas. What Xmas? I am an atheist. 

I haven't put up any tree or anything. I find it pointless. 

I do however enjoy all the social aspects of social occasions, e.g. nice food, good company, a bit of bubbly. After all, why not? This year I am planning to spend the holidays with my OH. On the 25th, I will be serving a three-course dinner:

  • Appetiser: baked mozzarella sticks and stars and greens and beetroot salad.
  • Main: turkey wrapped in bacon, otherwise it tastes of nothing. Lots of veg on the side.
  • Pudding: 'Xmas' pudding with rum sauce.

I usually have duck with orange sauce for the main, but this time I am going to serve duck on new year's eve instead. 

I am very busy this year, i.e. my free time is going to be limited during the holiday. Well, I will at least try to relax a little bit and spend some time with OH.

I am planning to re-watch a few films: the '12 monkeys' is on the list. 

I have also ordered a new book to read. The left hand of darkness. It's coming all the way from the States, as I ordered it from Amazon.com. Hurry up postman - I am thirsty for a splendid book!

No comments:

Post a Comment