Monday 24 August 2015

...Lemony roast chcken...


Yes, I know. I think that I have neglected the blog. Truth is that I have been very busy lately at work, and making money is sweet, so I often work overtime.

Anyway, today I am going to share a recipe with you.
Lemony roast chicken with onions, mushrooms and baby potatoes. Five generous portions and leftovers for curries.

You will need:

  • 1 large chicken (I buy the expensive one from Marks and Sparks as I am certain it tastes better than the cheap ones). If you have no access to Marks and Sparks, prefer organic chicken for a better flavour.Treat yourselves to good food.
  • One bag of baby potatoes, or if you grow your own, certainly prefer your own crop. Fresh potatoes taste fantastic.
  • At least 20 white, medium-sized mushrooms.
  • 2 red onions, chopped roughly.
  • Salt, pepper, paprika to taste.
  • Rosemary, oregano and sage. Be generous with sage and rosemary, not that generous with oregano. Too much oregano can spoil the flavour.
  • 1 lemon
  • Olive oil (5 tablespoons will do).

  1. Preheat oven to gas mark 6
  2. Place chicken and all other ingredients in the over tray and roast for 45 minutes.
  3. After 45 minutes in the oven, turn the chicken upside down and place the tray back into the oven for another 45 minutes.
  4. Your dinner is ready. Drizzle some lemon on it, and voilĂ !








No comments:

Post a Comment